Tuesday, 6 December 2011

In which I brighten up winter fashion

There's a couple of things I want to discuss today. It's going to be a bit mixed up because I had to combine the post I meant to do two days ago with today's post because it snowed and posted about that instead. So I know it's a kinda random post but just bear with me.


Recently I've been really into coloured jeans, especially since winter fashion is all sort of navies and blues and browns, that kind of thing and also, the nights are so dark now.. Anyway, I have 3 pairs which, incidentally, are all from Primark. I also really fancy a pair of marroon ones from River Island so I may just have to add them to my list for the big red bearded guy.




The second thing is, I've been working on a few drawings and paintings recently. They were supposed to be for my Standard Grade art course but I was finding it really difficult to get them all finished so I abandoned them and went for something easier. I was quite proud of what I had already done on them though so I took them home and I've decided to finish them in my own time. The first pencil drawing is (obviously?) a high top shoe and what is eventually going to be a crushed pepsi can. The second one, the painting, is me pulling a funny face. When I started this I ABSOLUTELY HATED it. It was awful to begin with. But as I layered up the skin it started looking slightly better and I'd even go as far as sasying it does look a bit like me.




The pencil drawing on the right end is one I started but then decided to switch to paint. I'm gladI did as it's not great in pencil.



Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts. What do you think?


x

11 comments:

  1. you are really good at art, well done! and i love the second pair of jeans, the kind of jade green ones! i may have to look for them next time i'm in primark!

    Holly x
    ------------
    http://hollylikestoblog.blogspot.com

    (take a look at my blog, it would mean alot! just starting out...sort of!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog :)
    I have a maroon pair of jeans from River Island and they've started to lose their shape already! I think I'm gonna go Zara, their jeans are more reliable!

    Josie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I really salute people who can really draw like you. I know how to draw but I do not draw really good unlike you, you are amazing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for all your lovely comments! I really appreciate it!

    Yeah I'll definitely visit your blog. Yes they are rather nice although I do have to say the blue ones are my favourite.

    Aha no problemo! Ok thankyou. I'll keep that in mind and maybe I'll get a Zara pair instead. Thanks for the tip!

    Aww thankyou so much but I'm really not that amazing hahaha!

    :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi..
    great post and I love your draw!
    mind to follow each other? :)
    follow me and I will follow you back soon.. If I don't kindly comment to my post to remind me thanks

    http://evelyntirza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow you have a rad number of colored jeans! Hope you visit back :--)
    Izzy xo
    www.swmapedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely comment :)
    I've always been a bit scared of coloured jeans but they look great on you! Might have to investigate further for myself, haha.
    I love your painting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colored jeans! My favorite are the green ones.

    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those jeans are really lovely, they look so great with that white t-shirt!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha thankyou everyone! I really appreciate all the comments!
    :)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love colored jeans! they're the perfect way to add a pop of color.

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.