Wednesday, 15 February 2012

In which Valentine's day is spent at the museum and shopping.

Well, yesterday was Valentines Day. Alright for some. Those of us who didn't have someone particularly special taking us somewhere nice had to find other methods of occupying ourselves. My chosen method was a day out at the museum in Edinburgh followed by Pizza Hut and shopping with my mum. In fact, it turned out to be a pretty good day. The museum has an exhibition on at the moment about Egyptian mummies. I was certainly up for this as I thought we might get to see dead bodies or something exciting like that. However, I was let-down when it became apparent that all we would be looking at was the wooden boxes the mummies were kept in and one bandaged mummy. There wasn't even an x-ray of what was inside the bandages. Boo. I, therefore, had a quick look in all the glass boxes and then sat on a bench as my mum trailed round the whole exhibition at a snail's pace.
The rest of the museum was slightly more exciting although I was losing the will to live by the time we came out of that mummy exhibition. They used to have this bit in the museum where they showed you old TVs and old bicycles and things but that seems to have gone with the refurbishment of the museum.
After lunch at pizza Hut we wandered down to Princes Street for a bit of well-earned retail-therapy. Despite having Topshop vouchers to spend I didn't really see anything I liked until we went to H&M where I liked almost everything. I only had enough money for a few things but there was a lot more I would have liked too:
The top and shorts were both £12.99. I bought the shorts for school to wear with tights. Technically shorts aren't allowed but no one says anything. I just bought the top because I liked it. I didn't try it on, which was a bit of a mistake as it's a 6 and restricts my breathing and movement slightly but it'll do. There weren't any bigger sizes anyway.

This top was £9.99 (I think) and I liked it because it's kinda retro but also because I liked that it had a picture on the back too. You never really see that.

When we got home, Valentine's day ended beautifully with a magnificent sunset, all pink and purple and blue. Lovely.

How did you spend your day?


x

13 comments:

  1. I was in the H&M on Princes Street on Sunday and I love almost everything too! Going to Edinburgh with my gran on Monday so I might pick up a few things :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your mum :) I spent my day at home doing coursework.. fun times. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love museums- they're really surprisinly interesting!
    Sound like a really lovely day with your mum, I love days like that :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top is so cute, I've seen it on quite a few blogs recently!

    Also, I'm currently running a giveaway for the chance to win a Clarisonic Mia! I'd love it if you could check it out on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!

    http://oppositeofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was really disappointed with the museum when I went last month, it seems like they've got rid of so much cool stuff!

    Loving the purchases, I could go crazy in H&M right now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! :)) just tagged you in one of my post :)) hope you'll like it!

    http://loveandelegance.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that top! cant believe it was only £12.99 im always in topshop which is stupidly over priced should look in h and m more often!!
    just followed:)
    http://fabulouslyfeebz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the beatles top !!
    im a new follower hope you can visit / follow my page sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. loveeee the band top! thats gorgeous. need to head to H&M! happy valentines xxxx http://amberrosec.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the top you're wearing, the bunny print is so cute! The sunset looks beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful!
    I was on a school trip on valentine#s day and pretty busy so i could very well avoid it :DD

    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the rabbit print top so much! My sister has it and I'm so jealous xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.