Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Decorating eggs and an update

After my last post there's been quite a lot of requests for tutorials, especially for the fish tail plait. I took the pictures for my tutorial but I went to my auntie's for dinner the other night and I left my camera there, which was really stupid, so unfortunately I can't post it until I get it back. I've also had a request for a room tour which I might do at some point (although my room's going to need a fair bit of clearing up before that's possible) so please just bear with me until I can get those done. I'm also in the middle of revision just now but I'm on exam leave soon so I'll have a bit more time then (naughty!).

In other news...
My family isn't particularly religeous but we do take part in the whole egg-rolling tradition which, for those of you who aren't farmiliar, is when we decorate hard-boiled eggs and roll them down a steep hill to symbolise the rolling away of the boulder from jesus' tomb. To be honest, I'm just in it for the eggs. I cannnot get enough eggs, but the decorating is also pretty funny.

These were my family's eggs. I thought they looked pretty funny to be honest so I took a little family portrait (on my phone due to the lack of a camera).Mine are the top left one, the one with the blue hair and the one in the middle. They're an odd bunch aren't they?

I thought he looked like David Wallians with blue hair and glasses. No one else did though. Maybe it's the lips?

How was your easter?


6 comments:

  1. haha this is cute ;)
    I actually didn't know about the rolling tradition, I think we just don't have that in germany :DDD
    A fishtail braid tutorial would be great (although I know how to do it^^) but you should really wait till you get your camera back. I hate tutorials with no pics!

    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the rolling tradition, but it sounds like so much fun! I'm definitely gonna suggest it for next year haha :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute:)
    I remember we used to do this at school, it's so adorable and awesome:)
    Hugs<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about everyone's easter traditions. I'd like a fish plait tutorial as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the fish tail tutorial, I'm from Preston and we do the whole egg-rolling thing! Whenever I talk about it from anyone that's not from round where I live they haven't a clue what I'm on about ha ha!
    Hollie
    xox
    p.s I've tagged you in a post on my blog so feel free to check it out:-) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.