Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Jewellery and Makeup Storage

A problem, I'm pretty sure, for everyone that owns jewellery is, how do you store it? A jewellery box pehaps? Or a Giant hanging love heart with seperate love hearts for all your bits and bobs? The latter for me, certainly. I like to have everything on display next to me where I can easily reach it from my usual make-up/jewellery applying spot infront of the mirror. Also, why not have all my lovely finery (if you will) on display? Why hide it away in a jewellery box. In fact, I do have a jewellery box as well but it only contains a few broken earrings and necklaces and things that I mean to fix at some point.


Another important, perhaps even more pressing dilemna (I know, difficult to imagine), is that of how to store the piles and piles of make-up that appear to accumulate. I have also come up with a solution to that one. Various mis-matched tins and boxes.


The ginger bread man tin, which used to have lemon short bread in it (it was gross), contains all my hair bands in it. Stricly speaking, it's not make-up but I like the tin so I thought I'd show you it anyway.


I really like this box. It's really a jewellery box but I don't use it for that. My mum's friend's dad made it for me (he's blind, I might add!) when I was little. I just think it's simply beautiful.



Anyway, it has all my eyeliner and mascara in it. I seem to go through a lot of eyeliner, hence the massive collection. The mascaras, most are collected from old magazines and the only ones I really use are the white and the yellow ones. I only use the magazine ones as a last resort.
This little tin means quite a lot. When I was in Norway on an exchange last year, the girl I was staying with gave me this tin with a present in it. Now though, it has lipstick, lip-liners and lip glosses in it. I'm not a big lip-stick wearer but I like having them, just in case.

This one used to have a whole load of bath bombs in the shape of cupcakes in it but I chucked them out because I only ever have showers. I liked the box though, so I put my eyeshadows in it instead. It's nice and big and perfect for all my stuff.

How do you store your make-up/jewellery?


x

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I love the gingerbread man tin lol.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you store your bracelets and how they are so organised! Really adorable and must look really sweet on display xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I store my jewellery on a hanger which says jewellery, and my make up is a box a bit like yours actually!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice jewelry and make up storage! :) I love the heart shape of your jewelry organizer!

    loveandelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring ideas! Love your posts! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the heart is sooo pretty!
    and i love the ginger bread man tin and the box made by your mum's friend's dad (that right?) ;)
    i just have a few boxes, they're all red but otherwise there's nothing special about it :DDD

    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love posts like this, or being nosey ;) cute blog xx

    www.charlottesweb-photography.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice post. All the boxes which you talked about have some memories. How great! I also have many different boxes where i store my jewellery. :)

    Thank you very much for following my blog. I'm also your new follower ♥

    xoxo
    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your jewellery hanger ;) It's so nice that the boxes means stuff to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the jewellery storage, its so cute!
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, check out my blog post for more info :) ox http://floralsandfreckles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.