Sunday, 22 April 2012

Rope braid tutorial

If you scroll down my blog a little bit you'll come across a post about various braids and updos that I did a few days ago and almost as soon as I'd finished it I remembered another one I hadn't put in - the rope braid. I sort of forgot about it for a few days so I thought I'd do a tutorial today for it. I know quite a few people have trouble with the fish tail braid because it's so fiddly, but you're in luck if you're one of those people because this one's a whole lot easier than it looks!

step 1: 
Like the fishtail braid, start with all your hair pulled round to one side. This works best on hair with a bit of texture so morning-after hair is encouraged. If you need to wash it, spray a bit of hair spray through it or don't brush it before you start.

Step 2:
split your hair in half and then tightly twist each section right to the end. When you've done one, hold it in your mouth to stop the ends unravelling with you do the other section.

step 3:
Next, cross the two sections over keeping hold of the ends so they don't unravel!

step 4:
Continue to twist the two sections round each other right to the end, without letting go. It is a bit tricky to keep hold of both ends as you twist but practice makes perfect!

Step 5:
Tie the end with a bobble and that's it! Pull out a couple of side sections if you want and you might want to kirby-grip the back if it's baggy.
So, I hope you found this useful and I guarantee, people will want to know how you get your hair to stay twisted like that all day!

Also, my appologies for having a mix of black & white and colour. I wanted to do the whole thing in B&W but it was sort of difficult to see the finished 'do!


x

12 comments:

  1. that's really cool! my hair's too aggressive to let me do that to it ha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial- will definitely have a go if my hair's long enough! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tutorial! Your hair looks so pretty!
    Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Have a fabulous day!

    xo Vivian
    Flightgirl Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really cute, might have to give this a go!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this hairstyle and i think it fits perfectly to you!! My hairs are to short for a style like this:(

    Hope you visit me on my Blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOD i love ur hair and this braid is lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is cool! I really hope my hair is long enough for me to do this!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! so pretty :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! I really want my long hair back now!
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award - check it out.

    http://deardollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Thanks so much for this! You definitely make it look really easy.. I've been trying to learn the rope braid but can't seem to get it.. haha! Will definitely try this! Thank you! :)

    Kisses! xxx

    ilikeyourears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.