Saturday, 30 June 2012

Week in Paris

You may know already, but I was in Paris all of this week. Yes - be jel. It was absolutely eye-wateringly amazing. The weather was good, Paris was beautiful and I had such a good time. It was with my school's music department (I'm in the choir) so we were travelling around doing different concerts but a whole load of touristy stuff was chucked in there too. (*Cough* Disneyland *cough*).
We're a Scottish school so our dress code was kilts or tartan skirts. We had a lot of interested Parisians taking photos of us actually. On the left is my friend Detta and on the right is our bag-piper (is that even a word?).
We didn't manage to get tickets for the Eiffel Tower because it didn't fit with the time of one of our concerts but we went up the Montparnasse tower instead which, in a way, was almost better because it's actually quite a lot higher and we could get a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower.
A slightly disorganised group photo to finish.

Paris is so pretty. You can really see what all the fuss is about. Our hotel was on the outskirts of Paris so driving in at rush hour everyday gave us a lot of time to take in the surroundings. If you've been to Paris you've probably seen the grafiti that is so rife in the outskirts. You'd think it would take away from the beauty of it but some of it really is amazing and I felt like the grafiti actually told its own backstory. It seemed to me like the lack of grafiti in the centre of Paris indictated the difference in class and I felt like the better-off Parisians were sort of 'covering up', for lack of a better word, the way in which the poorer half live. I don't know, that's what I got out of it.

The other thing that intruiged me was, without offending anyone, how accurate the French stereotypes are. Or maybe I should say that everything was so 'typically' French. For example, I saw countless people riding along on these elegant bikes with huge baskets and - this one really surprised me - when we were on the metro a man came on and started playing the accordian. It was like a movie or something. The fashion aswell. You were instantly able to pick out tourists because they looked so unfashionable in comparison. It almost made me cringe. Why do Britons have such an attachment to crocs, huh? Answer me that.

Have you been to Paris?

x

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great trip, and Paris is a gorgeous city! I've been up the Eiffel Tower and my hotel was overlooking a graveyard, yay? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wore crocs? Uhh! (sorry^^)

    Paris is indeed a lovely city and you took great photos!
    I saw those graffities, too, and they were quite nice I thought ;)

    xoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't wear crocs! Just a lot f the British tourists we saw were wearing them.

      Delete
  3. I love your photos - I adore how beautiful Paris always looks! And the graffiti is awesome, but I know what you mean about an obvious difference in class. And Parisians make me feel SO unfashionable haha.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris is so beautiful and I want to go back so badly! The Parisians are so elegant and fashionable! I love your photos (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris is an amazing city, havent been there for years though.

    Im glad you had a great time :)

    x

    www.thebeauty-mix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah,I'm jealous, Paris is amazing.Love it!LV ftw!
    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the photos are super beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great posts and blog! Come by and let's follow each other ;)!
    See you soon:)
    angelasquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.