Friday, 6 July 2012

1 dress, 4 seasons

I've seen quite a lot of these '1 dress, X ways' posts recently so I thought it would be fun to do one of my own but instead of just dressing it up different ways I thought I'd dress it the way I would in each of the 4 seasons. I mean, the way you dress in summer is really pretty different from the way you dress in winter, non?

I chose a fairly plain dress simply because this is the sort of thing I'd wear all year round. This dress has featured on my blog a couple of times before (because I'm a great believer in wearing things over and over again) so you might have seen it before.

I'll appologise in advance for my manic hair and lack of a nice backdrop. Sorry.
dress:H&M

 SPRING
sweater: H&M
shoes: Barrats
In spring it's still pretty cold so a knitted sweater layered on top is always a good move. I'd probably wear it with skin coloured tights too for extra warmth. I'd leave the collar out and I'd go for piles of jewellery.
bracelet: charity shops
 Bracelet stack: Primark

SUMMER
hairband: Accessorize
shoes: TK Maxx

Minimal layers in summer, although you can't really plan for summer here. You could be in shorts and a vest one week and a wetsuit the next.
 AUTUMN
hairband:TK Maxx
cardigin: H&M
shoes: River Island
I wasn't sure about this one. I thought the combination of shoes/cardi sort of made me look like a nurse so I might lose the cardi or replace the shoes. Again, Autumn's cold so I'd go for tights.
 WINTER
Sweater: Primark
Shoes: New Look

Chuck on a fairisle sweater and some thick cotton tights and you're good to go for winter. Boots are a good move too, and I chose these ones becuase they keep my feet dry and really warm, especially when I wear another pair of socks over my tights.

How do you dress in each season?
x


8 comments:

  1. I love this! I haven't seen a post done like this before! You can wear the dress in so many ways. I might buy a plain dress like that one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dress,it´s so beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea for a post, never seen it done before! My favourite is the winter one xx

    hollylikestoblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your style is fabulous!! :) My favorite is the Spring outfit. It's just so cute and charming!
    Great post!
    xoxox,
    Alona

    PS- There's a new post on my blog! I'd love to hear what you think about it :)http://www.fashionfreshman.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so lovely ;)
    this post really was an inspiration to me, you did so well!

    xoxo Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and original idea, has given me some inspiration! Your whole blog is so cute! :)

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I just came across your blog, It's so cute I just had to follow you.
    I love this dress and every way that you've styled it especially with the Toms and hair bow.
    Please take a look at my new blog if you'd like :)
    http://teacupforest.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.