Sunday, 16 June 2013

Satchels, day dresses and vintage shopping (picture heavy!)

OOTD:
Dress: Pie in the Sky
Shirt: Primark
Shoes: New Look
Watch: Argos
Bracelets: Various
 
Yesterday I went to a fashion show at the City Art Centre in Edinburgh. It was only a small one with a few designs which were all very good. The themes were pretty interesting, for example medieval and futuristic. I'm hoping to do some sort of design or art at university eventually so it was helpful to see the designs.

Being a pretty small fashion show, we kind of over-estimated the length of it so my friend and I had a lot of time to kill afterwards. We decided to head up to one of our favourite shops - Pie in the Sky (which is where I got my dress!). I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pie in the Sky is exclusive to Edinburgh. It's this really nice little shop with so many absolutely amazing things you  could never get in high street shops. It also has a really good vintage bit with levi shorts and knitted jumpers and silk vintage scarves etc.

I ended up taking about 10 things in to try on and eventually decided on 3 which completely cleared me out of money!
 T-shirt: £15.99
The Harry Potter fans among you will recognise the sign of the Deathly Hallows. As a pretty big fan myself, I had to buy it. I've been looking for one for a while so I almost screamed when I saw it. It's absolutely huge but it's great with leggings or high waisted shorts.
 T-shirt: £17.99
I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Strokes are amazing. If you think otherwise your opinion is invalid.
Dress: £20
I loved the mesh and the studs and just... everything about this dress and for £20 it kinda seemed like a crime not to buy it. I just need something to wear it to!

After that we walked a bit further up Cockburn Street - which is where Pie in the Sky is - because there's loads of other little shops that hardly anyone knows about in which we are basically the regulars! We went into a couple of vintage boutiques which were lovely and then we went to Who's Who, where we saw a collection of ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL satchels and I cried because I'd spent all my money already. I will be saving.
The main atrium in the Chamber Street Museum

x

11 comments:

  1. Those satchels are so pretty! I love your outfit, the dress looks lovely on you. Ah how did you grow your hair so long? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been thinking about doing a post about how I look after my hair and my go-to hairstyles so keep a look out for that!

      Delete
  2. I love those pieces! especially the first shirt! :))
    and your place is amazing! the structures, architecture and all. i hope I could visit someday there
    <3
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your b&w striped dress and those new look shoes! the look very dr. martens-like. i also like that deathly hallows top!

    Sarah
    xoxo

    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edinburgh looks so pretty, i'd love to visit at some point! the dress you brought is fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I LOVE how cool your style is! This dress and the watch are both so cute! As a fellow Harry Potter and Strokes fan, I'm pretty much in love with your finds too :) Definitely following along now!

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are great at taking pics what camera do you use? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I use a Fujifilm S4000! :)x

      Delete
  7. It's always great to find another reader from Edinburgh!! Love this post :D
    http://rebeccarachela.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I love your shoes and dress! Aw man I love village boutiques <3

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.