Saturday, 2 August 2014

Botanic gardens and Edinburgh Fringe

Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to the Botanical Gardens here in Edinburgh, where we live. We've both been loads of times before but not since we we were little. The gardens are a really beautiful place to walk and there's tonnes of space to picnic and just mess about on the grass. We had planned to take a picnic but the weather was looking dodgy (as it so often does in Scotland ha ha ha) so we ended up just going for a walk. Admittedly, we did get a little bored after an hour or two but we enjoyed ourselves for the most part. My boyfriend was particularly excited by the enormous leaves and kept telling me wished he could "pick one of the leaves and charge around with it." He was so excited he asked me to take a photo of him next to them, as you can see above! He also proceeded to twerk on the smaller leaves next to them "because they're rubbish".

Once we were done in the Gardens we headed into town to check out the first day of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. If you haven't heard of it, it's the biggest arts festival in the world and every year, thousands of people come from all over the world to see some of the hundreds of shows, exhibitions and presentations that are put on. We met our two best friends (who also happen to be a couple) and we wondered down the Royal Mile to see what was going on. Usually on the first day you can get loads of free tickets to various shows but we had no such luck yesterday and instead opted to see one of the un-ticketed free Fringe shows. However, on arrival at the venue we were told no under 18s were allowed in despite the brochure stating the show was 16+. So, that part of our day was basically wasted but all in all, we had a good day being tourists in our own city!

Have you ever visited the Fringe Festival?

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE flowers! They're always so pretty and thanks for sharing some of the ones you saw :)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful! just... wow! :""">

    -rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful place.=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been there but I would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so lovely :) I've never been to Edinburgh but I'd love to visit the city one day and if I got chance to visit while the Fringe is on then that would be amazing! :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and photography! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, would you like to follow each other dear? Let me know
    xx

    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos- would absolutely love to visit Edinburgh one day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also haven't been in our local Botanical garden in a while now but been dreaming of going there soon :) Lovely photos and I'm sorry you didn't get to see the show- how rude they didn't let you in... xx Maja
    - http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures look like a dream! What beautiful gardens, I could get lost in there for days <3 great blog babe! xo

    -Laur

    www.adornlafemme.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.