Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Jim Lambie exhibition


So, um. Long time, no speak, huh? Long story short, I've been away at a music festival and I started college so I may have neglected the blog a bit. Never mind.

Today I visited a Jim Lambie exhibition at Edinburgh's Fruitmarket Gallery with my college class. I really liked it because I'm a big fan of anything bright and a bit funky which is quite a big factor in Lambie's work. He tries to take things of little value and turn them into art which, in turn, increases their value.

My absolute favourite thing about the exhibition was the floor. It's incredible. It looks so intricate and precise and you really start to wonder how he came up with the pattern. In fact, it's just vinyl tape looping round the walls of the room with the only specification being there must not be a visible pattern. Pretty cool, isn't it?

13 comments:

  1. Hey(: beautiful pictures!
    I really like the design of your blog :)

    I'm new here and it would mean the world to me if you could check out my blog and follow if you like it!
    I'll follow you back of course! (:

    Visit my blog -> BeautxSabrina

    Regards from Germany♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool! love all the colors, especially on the floor in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you're back! I love these types of post, it's like going there without leaving the house! haha ;)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. That floor looks AMAZING! I love colourful artwork as well so this would be right up my street :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a really cool exhibition! I'm following your blog now :)

    http://heytheregood-looking.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Contemporary art is so cool! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great exhibition..:)
    would you like to follow each other on GFC? please let me know on my blog or follow me and i will follow you back:)
    jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool exhibition impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi amy, would be happier to read your updates

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.